For those who operate a garden centre or nursery that sells plants, associated products and gifts that is primarily supported by members of the public. In some cases, these businesses may have a small plant production facility enabling plants to be grown and sold onsite.
Membership Form Requirements:
- Registered ABN and Trading Name
- Read and signed NGIWA’s Code of Ethics and Rules
Become a NGIWA Member:
- Complete the online Application Form and submit to NGIWA
- NGIWA board to approve and sign nomination
- NGIWA Members to be notified of the nurseries interest to become a member.
- NGIWA office to process application and invoice fees. Note this will also include the application fee.
- Once your appropriate fees have been paid you will then be provided with a membership certificate, sign, NGIWA member logo and login details for your access to the online Members Hub.
Key Member Benefits include:
- Membership covers all staff associated with the garden centre
- Advocacy representation at state and national level with the WA State Government, the Dept. of Primary Industries and Rural Development, Dept. of Water & Environmental Regulation and Greenlife Industry Australia, Australia’s nursery industry peak body
- Personal site visits by a NGIWA representative in order to provide technical/business support to your garden centre (minimum 2 site visits a year)
- Listing within the Association’s web page under ‘Find A Nursery/Garden Centre’ subcategory ‘Garden Centre’ and also within Greenlife Industry Australia’s online Trade Directory.
- Access to the online Members Hub where you will find relevant information on how to become an Accredited Garden Centre through the Australian Garden Centre Accreditation Scheme and Waterwise Garden Centre Program endorsement
- Discounted rates for ongoing retail professional development workshops, our mid-year members breakfast, state conference, retail nights and free social networking functions
- Weekly copy of ‘Greenlife WA’ to all nominated nursery staff
- Free advertising for job opportunities at your Garden Centre on the Association’s website ‘Find A Job’ page and in eNews which is posted weekly on a Thursday.
- Receive regular NGIWA updates via the Association’s media platforms.
- Free tickets to the annual Perth Garden & Outdoor Living Festival and also discounted rates for exhibitor sites.
- NGIWA Membership certificate, sign and logo for your garden centre’s marketing/branding purposes.