Production Nursery with Retail
For those who operate a wholesale production nursery and retail outlet for the purpose of propagating and growing plants, sold onsite or supplied into the retail.
This includes, but is not limited to, nurseries who supply other wholesale nurseries, garden centres, hardware stores, landscapers (residential/commercial), boutique gardening stores, landscape yards, local government parks & gardens, educational organisations and the general public.
Membership Form Requirements
- Registered ABN and Trading Name
- Read and signed NGIWA’s Code of Ethics and Rules
Become An NGIWA Member
- Complete the Application Form and submit to NGIWA
- NGIWA board to approve and sign nomination
- NGIWA Members to be notified of the nurseries interest to become a member.
- NGIWA office to process application and invoice fees. Note this will also include the application fee.
- Once your appropriate fees have been paid you will then be provided with a membership certificate, sign, and NGIWA member logo.
Key Member Benefits Include
- Membership covers all staff associated with your nursery
- Advocacy representation at state and national level with the WA State Government, the Dept of Primary Industries and Rural Development, Dept of Water & Environmental Regulation and Greenlife Industry Australia, Australia’s nursery industry peak body
- Personal site visits by an NGIWA representative in order to provide technical/business support to your nursery (minimum 2 site visits a year)
- Listing within the Association’s web page under ‘Find A Nursery / Garden Centre’ subcategory ‘Production Nursery with Retail’ and also within Greenlife Industry Australia’s online Trade Directory.
- Access to the Members Hub where you will find relevant information on how to become an Accredited Production Nursery through the Australian Plant Production Standard and also endorsed as a Waterwise Nursery.
- Discounted rates for ongoing professional development workshops which includes our annual Growers Forum with DPIRD, our mid-year members breakfast, state conference, retail nights and free social networking functions
- Weekly copy of ‘Greenlife WA’ to all nominated nursery staff
- Free advertising for job opportunities at your nursery on the Association’s website ‘Find A Job’ page and in eNews ‘which is posted weekly on a Thursday.
- Receive regular NGIWA updates via the association’s media platforms.
- Free tickets to Perth Garden & Outdoor Living Festival and also discounted rates for exhibitor sites.
- NGIWA Membership certificate, sign and logo for your nurseries marketing/branding purposes.