This category of membership is for those from Local Government organisations.
Typically, members of this group operate small production nurseries for the City or Shire for the purpose of propagating and growing plants that are supplied to the Parks & Garden department within their organisation. In some cases, this also includes supporting the Shire’s street, verge and greening programs for residents.
Membership Form Requirements
- Registered ABN and Trading Name
- To read and sign NGIWA’s Code of Ethics and Rules.
Become An NGIWA Member
- Complete the online Application Form and submit to NGIWA
- NGIWA Board to approve and sign nomination
- NGIWA members to be notified of the Local Government’s interest in becoming a member.
- NGIWA to process application and invoice fees (including joining fee).
- Once your appropriate fees have been paid, you will be provided with a membership certificate, membership sign, NGIWA member logo and login details for access to the online NGIWA Members Hub.
Key Member Benefits
- Membership covers all staff associated with the nursery
- Advocacy representation at state and national level with the WA State Government, the Dept. of Primary Industries and Rural Development, Dept. of Water & Environmental Regulation and Greenlife Industry Australia, Australia’s nursery industry peak body
- Personal site visits by an NGIWA representative providing technical/business support to your nursery (minimum two site visits each year)
- Listing on the NGIWA member registry ‘Find A Nursery/Garden Centre’ subcategory ‘Local Government’ and also on Greenlife Industry Australia’s online Trade Directory.
- Access to the Members Hub where you will find relevant information on how to become an accredited nursery through the Australian Plant Production Standard
- Discounted rates for ongoing professional development workshops, including our annual Growers Forum with DPIRD, annual members’ breakfast, state conference and free social networking functions
- Weekly copy of ‘Greenlife WA’ eNews to all nominated nursery staff
- Free advertising for job opportunities at your nursery on our website’s ‘Find A Job’ page and in our weekly eNews.
- Receive regular NGIWA updates via the Association’s media platforms.
- Free tickets to Perth Garden & Outdoor Living Festival
- NGIWA Membership Certificate, sign and logo for your nurseries marketing/branding purposes.